Sunday, April 14, 2013

What if...


What if …

What if you are the one, the only one who can un-break this heart…

What if you are the only one to help me remember what it is to smile again…

What if you are the only one to teach me to trust again, to hold a hand..

What if you are the only one to walk beside me and just be there…

What if you are the only one to speak the words my heart is dying to hear…

What if you are the only one to remind me of my beauty…

What if you are the only one that can dry this endless flood of tears...

What if you are the only one to remind me of my wings, to unfetter them so I can once again fly…

What if you are the only one who holds the key to this locked castle in my heart, so cold and austere…

What if you are the only answer to my endless questions…

What if you are the only medicine to help fight this chronic pain…

What if you are the only one to speak life into this dying soul…

What if you are the only one to restore my rhythm so I might dance once again, radiant and proud…

What if you are the only one to help me hear the birdsong, so sweet and refined…

What if you are the only one that is the other half to my empty whole…

What if you are the only one to hold me when I cry and the days turn cold…

What if you are the only one to pass me by today and offer a smile…

What if you are the only one to see me for who I truly am..

What if you are the only one that is truly you,

and all the things that you do or don’t,

you can’t undo…

What if it all really mattered…

No comments:

Post a Comment